Monday 15 July 2013

Project #9: GSM 1/35 RX-0 Gundam Unicorn Part 2

Wiring


Day 1: Solder all LEDs 



 

Day 2: Solder wires to the head frame



The switch's connecting points are so tiny, it does take some effort soldering these wires...

Day 3: Solder base and switches

No pictures were taken as I really had a hard time with it. The solder just don't stay on the contact points. Solved after several attempts...

Next problem. 4 AA batteries cannot fit into the given slots. I had to cut the center piece of plastic off then all batteries could fit in snugly.


Not sure why the base is designed this way. My batteries were too fat? Or it is intended to use only the adaptor provided. Another obvious flaw is... Why is my base black when box illustration shows white? And there isn't any clear plastic cover for the top mirror as shown on the box illustration as well... 
Hmm... I think black suits this model better.

Terrible day, but its done!

Day 4: Testing

Everything light up on first attempt!! 
(*gave myself a pat on the shoulder*)




Then I went on to test with adaptor. Success on first attempt!!!



Okay.
4 nights of soldering is enough for me.
Taking a break on Day 5 before I proceed with the final assembly. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment